Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Her breath came out in harsh pants, running down an endless street, from dream to reality at a pace that made the street lights blur. Choking on something logical, stepping on something unreal, her hair blurred her gaze as the wind whipped around her. 


"Hinata."


Her name falls from his pink-rough-dry-warm-lips and her feet freeze on their own accord, her mind chained to something unseeing and wonderful and so full of life. Her always tearful eyes hardened as she felt something pulling her gut, pulling her very being, towards something bright and shiny. She tilts her head, gazing at her side from the corner of her eyes, towards him. Knowing if she met his sapphire stare head on she would surely melt, the blue fire in his eyes would burn and brand her as his forever and she'd go willingly.


"Leave," her voice is as soft as a whisper but loud in the in-between, "leave before you break any more rules."


She hated losing. All her life she took every punch and cut - she's losing too much blood! - for him. She - father - has made these rules to live by. Now - now everything was changing, falling apart. I wonder if this is what losing feels like.  Every layer of leave me alone's and I don't need you's shatter unwillingly because of his stupid stupid grin. No one is supposed to be able to smile like that. No one's supposed to have so much power.


They were different.


She felt as though his fingers had trailed up her arms and pulled her (pulling pulling until there's nothing left) and she sighed in slight annoyance as her body turned towards this man.


He is strong (god - you're filling all the spaces it's suffocating - I love it) and the heat that his body naturally exudes is so alluring - you have to stop now. His sea blue-all knowing-beautiful-everything-I-need eyes captured her gaze and held on.


I'm so tired.


"I don't want you to leave - I don't care that we're different. I don't care." There he does it again. His eyes - always his eyes - brightens as he pulls her. 


"You know - you know I'll fade away eventually."


He grins, but there's now a bitter note to it. "Yeah, I kind of expected you to say that. But I want you. Be my now - my forever."


She can feel it, his emotions always loud and clear. She knew, she was already his before everything started. He knows it. 


"I can't...promise you anything."


He shrugs, opening his arms. "I just want you here, in my arms."


She doesn't resist the tugging then. She falls - always hard - into him. Her fingers, her skin warms up as more of her soul pours into him. I am pathetic. He is not mine, she tells her chest over and over. 


Her chest does not agree, she wants to keep him forever. And there is no changing that. She's going to burst with all of his light and give him all the broken pieces of her past and future, give him her weak heart and scream. The stars will scream back and her eyes will adjust to the light. 


It'll be beautiful. Everything will shine.


No comments: