Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

My in between.

You're my sugar coated smile, with ice tea in hand and the many memories in your bag. You're my I-like-the-beat-you-play-with-your-heart shadow and everything in between.

You always move forward and you dream about answers and blues and impossibilities. You shine like your own personal sun, you glow way too much at night with your burnt cigarettes and smoldering smoke. You shower everyone with exploding colors and they reach peoples (my) hearts, making you forget that you've always said no and yes and made decisions that weren't worth their my time.

You always win, but you drag me along anyway. You tell me, "Sometimes I win - I always win. And that always never changes. You - you - you're changing and there's no always. You sometimes win. But when you lose, you fight. And I want you to fight - for whatever it's worth. I want you to fight."

Behind that shaky, emotional voice - seeping out color as he always does when he speaks - he's holding me up with all the decisions and yeses and no's, holding me close as if I'm the answer. And I nod and say something that I haven't said in a long, long time. Those two simple words could make everything calmer and make you feel like you've done something - even if it's just one day. You've done something right.

"Thank you."

No comments: