Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Nothing big, nothing special.

By Lara Evans


I would only like a nice life
A milk-and-one-sugar-please life
Just a fish fingers-and-All Gold life
Nothing big, nothing special


I would only like a quiet life
A white-sand-seaside-holiday life
A Sunday-out-with-Daddy life
A Labrador-called-Molly life


I would only like a safe life
A steady-fondly-married life
A knitting-pattern-warm-milk life
A picket-fence-and-hatchback life


I wouldn't like a magnificent life
A trips-to-faraway-places life
A foolish-falling-head-over-heals life
A suitcase-and-paperback-poetry life


I wouldn't like a significant life
A Nobel-Prize-winning life
A Piano-Concerto-No.21 life
A Theory-of-Relativity life


A would only like a small life
A tidy-shoebox life
A bed-before-nine-thirty life
An insignificant, happy life


Nothing big, nothing special. 

No comments: